Keeping fun secrets

I guess it's good to soak up as many life lessons as possible before having to teach a little one... I think another one is finally sinking in - things don't always go the way you plan.

The plan:
Share our exciting news with friends and family around week 10-12.

What really happened:
Eric's dad was having major surgery, so we wanted to tell him before hand, but you can't tell Dad and not Mom. Then by the same right we couldn't tell them and not my parents. So at just five weeks pregnant we told our parents and Eric's sister & husband (who were with his parents when we told them). But unfortunately it didn't stop there.

I've played (co-ed) indoor soccer 2 nights a week for the last two years. I stopped playing as soon as we found out I was pregnant because I really don't want to get injured accidentally. Eric who is still playing has done a good job at making realistic excuses for me, but a lot of people knew there was only one reason why I wouldn't play. In his excitement when people would ask if I was "taking 9 months off soccer" all he could do was grin. One day a friend who is close to our other friends just happened to walk into the conversation just at the right time to see the grin...the secret was out. So we had to go on damage control and spread the word before someone else did it for us. ...so much for things going as planned.

Then again, I'm just tired and crabby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

35 Weeks

Yarrrr

The Floor