Eating for 4
After finishing my masters I was happy to be done with the text books and tests. Now I think I’m headed towards the biggest test ever and it’s exciting/overwhelming.
I’m still learning all the things I need to do to take care of myself and all these babies for the next few months. The When You’re Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads book seems to be the most help so far. I still can’t believe how much I have to eat…Eating for 4
In the book, there is a break down of how much weight you need to gain based on how many babies you are carrying. For twins it’s based on your pre-pregnancy BMI, with triplets it doesn’t matter you just have to gain the weight.
Week-by-week weight gain recommendations for triplets:
Weeks along 10 - 12 - 14 - 16 - 18 - 20 - 22 - 24 - 26 - 28 - 30 - 32 - 34
Upper (lbs)- 20 - 24 - 28 - 32 - 36 - 40 - 45 - 50 - 55 - 60 - 65 - 70 - 75
Lower (lbs)- 15 - 18 - 21 - 24 - 27 - 30 - 34 - 28 - 42 - 46 - 50 - 54 - 58
I will be 20 weeks the end of October. So this year I think I’m going to be a pumpkin.
Even more amazing, to maintain the weight gain, I need to be eating 4,000 calories per day. That includes 200g protein, 400g carbohydrate, and 178g fat. The author was nice and broke everything down by food group. I included the nonpregnant values from the table for fun.
Food Group ---- Serving Size ------ Nonpregnant --- Triplets
Dairy ----------- 1cup milk/yogurt------- 4 ------------- 10
Veggies ---------- ½ cup cooked -------- 4 ------------- 5
Fruits ----------- ½ cup, 1 fresh -------- 4 ------------- 8
Grains, Bread --- 1 slice, 1cup cooked --- 8 ---------- 12
Fat, Oil, Nuts --- 1tsp butter, 1oz nuts -- 4 ------------ 7
Eggs ------------ 1 fresh ---------------- - ------------- 2
Meat, Poultry --- 3 oz. ------------------ 2 ------------ 3
If all that didn’t seem like enough, I’m supposed to have at least eight 16oz glasses of water every day.
Do you think they would mind if I ask to have my computer moved into the bathroom at work?
I’m still learning all the things I need to do to take care of myself and all these babies for the next few months. The When You’re Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads book seems to be the most help so far. I still can’t believe how much I have to eat…Eating for 4
In the book, there is a break down of how much weight you need to gain based on how many babies you are carrying. For twins it’s based on your pre-pregnancy BMI, with triplets it doesn’t matter you just have to gain the weight.
Week-by-week weight gain recommendations for triplets:
Weeks along 10 - 12 - 14 - 16 - 18 - 20 - 22 - 24 - 26 - 28 - 30 - 32 - 34
Upper (lbs)- 20 - 24 - 28 - 32 - 36 - 40 - 45 - 50 - 55 - 60 - 65 - 70 - 75
Lower (lbs)- 15 - 18 - 21 - 24 - 27 - 30 - 34 - 28 - 42 - 46 - 50 - 54 - 58
I will be 20 weeks the end of October. So this year I think I’m going to be a pumpkin.
Even more amazing, to maintain the weight gain, I need to be eating 4,000 calories per day. That includes 200g protein, 400g carbohydrate, and 178g fat. The author was nice and broke everything down by food group. I included the nonpregnant values from the table for fun.
Food Group ---- Serving Size ------ Nonpregnant --- Triplets
Dairy ----------- 1cup milk/yogurt------- 4 ------------- 10
Veggies ---------- ½ cup cooked -------- 4 ------------- 5
Fruits ----------- ½ cup, 1 fresh -------- 4 ------------- 8
Grains, Bread --- 1 slice, 1cup cooked --- 8 ---------- 12
Fat, Oil, Nuts --- 1tsp butter, 1oz nuts -- 4 ------------ 7
Eggs ------------ 1 fresh ---------------- - ------------- 2
Meat, Poultry --- 3 oz. ------------------ 2 ------------ 3
If all that didn’t seem like enough, I’m supposed to have at least eight 16oz glasses of water every day.
Do you think they would mind if I ask to have my computer moved into the bathroom at work?
Comments
Do you slosh when you walk? :)