Stupid Contractions
Well I never made it to the doctor appointment. Tuesday night the exact same thing happened as the previous night. I woke up again with contractions every 5 minutes. So we were on our way back to the hospital. Eventually they stopped the contractions again (with the IV fluids and shots) and after talking with my doctor in the morning he decided to keep me at the hospital so we didn't have to make the trip to the hospital again in the middle of the night. So last night once again just like the previous two nights I woke up with contractions every 5 minutes. So they hooked up the contraction monitor to watch what was happening. I think I was more relaxed already being at the hospital and my body didn't have the extra stress of getting up, dressed and heading to the hospital. So when I noticed the contractions starting I drank a bunch of water which actually was able to slow down and stop the contractions. It was definitely a more relaxing night and I was able to get about 5 hours of sleep vs the previous nights where I had 1-3 hours of sleep.
We are taking it day by day and I'm definitely working on keeping these babies in as long as possible. My doctor believes that the contractions are from my uterus being so stretched out and not having any room left. The babies all look great on the monitor (so he doesn't think it's a sick baby causing problems) and my cervix hasn't changed at all. The only concern is if one of these nights I do start making more progress and need to deliver these babies, it's better that I'm in the hospital...but on the flip side he said that I could have a few nights without contractions and might get to go home.
On a fun note, I got to take a field trip and tour the NICU. It was neat to see all the little babies and understand a little better about what to expect for after they are born. The OR where they will be performing the c-section eventually is actually attached to the NICU so the babies won't have to go far to be checked out. So, now when the babies are being whisked away after delivery I'll know where they are going and what's happening.
Now if they only had a tv list that indicated which channel corresponds to which station.
We are taking it day by day and I'm definitely working on keeping these babies in as long as possible. My doctor believes that the contractions are from my uterus being so stretched out and not having any room left. The babies all look great on the monitor (so he doesn't think it's a sick baby causing problems) and my cervix hasn't changed at all. The only concern is if one of these nights I do start making more progress and need to deliver these babies, it's better that I'm in the hospital...but on the flip side he said that I could have a few nights without contractions and might get to go home.
On a fun note, I got to take a field trip and tour the NICU. It was neat to see all the little babies and understand a little better about what to expect for after they are born. The OR where they will be performing the c-section eventually is actually attached to the NICU so the babies won't have to go far to be checked out. So, now when the babies are being whisked away after delivery I'll know where they are going and what's happening.
Now if they only had a tv list that indicated which channel corresponds to which station.
Comments