Early Morning

We had an early morning today. I woke up just before 4am with contractions (that hurt) every 5 minutes. After drinking a lot of water without them stopping I called my doctor who sent me to the hospital to get checked out. They got me all hooked up to with a monitor for each baby and a monitor for the contractions on my belly (there wasn't much room to scratch the itchiness). They also started an IV and pumped a bunch of fluids into me. After a little while they decided to give me some medication to stop the contractions and a steroid shot to help develop the babies lungs (just in case). The contractions slowed down and I wasn't dilated at all so they let me go home around 8:30am. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at my doctor to get the 2nd steroid shot and get checked out.

So, now I just have to take it easy and keep growing these babies.

Comments

Way to go mama, you are in the home strech now!!! You look great by the way. Did the steroid shot hurt? Everyone I talked to told me they hurt, but when I had mine it didn't hurt at all. Maybe I just had more cushion than most:)

Jill

Popular posts from this blog

35 Weeks

Yarrrr

The Floor