Brush up on CPR - freak accident

If you have a little one in the house it's always a good idea to brush up on CPR and first aid. You never know what will happen.

Here are a couple links to first aid and CPR info.
Infant First Aid
CPR child 1-to-8 yrs-old

I have to premise the story...Ethan is ok and back to normal.

Yesterday morning Ethan was sitting on the floor playing with the other 2 babies and his cousin. He had a pillow behind him just in case he tipped over while sitting. Some how he managed to tip over and hit the floor. His helmet shifted and hit his nose when he fell. The hit gave him a bloody nose, so Jena went to tell Grandma that he tipped over and was bleeding. When Grandma got to him, he had blood all over his nose and mouth and he wasn't breathing. After Grandma gave him several chest compressions he coughed up some blood and started breathing again. EMS came and checked him out and he appeared fine. I had just arrived at work when I got the phone call of the accident and turned right around to meet Grandma and Ethan at Urgent care. We spend the rest of the morning in the ER where they observed him. By about 1pm he was back to his normal self with a little bluish tinge to the bridge of his nose and eyes. They let us go home around 2:30pm and advised us to watch for any behavior out of the norm. The rest of the evening Ethan was playing and eating like nothing happened...aside from all the extra snuggles from mom.

Grandma did a great job responding quickly to Ethan's distress.

Comments

The Carney's said…
That is so scary! I am so happy to hear that he is doing just fine. Thank God for your mom who knew exactly what to do! We had to take CPR before we took the babies home and I have the help sheet always nearby in case something happens but I agree that it is very important to be up to date on CPR. So happy he's okay..what a scare that must have been for you too
Andrea B said…
OMG! Thanks goodness Grandma knew what to do, and that Ethan is ok! Thanks for posting the links. I just read through them to get a little refresher.

Popular posts from this blog

35 Weeks

Yarrrr

The Floor