5K Friday

I've never been a big runner...but after this week I just needed to move. So today at lunch I laced up my running shoes and hit the track. I didn't have any intentions of doing a 5k I just wanted to run (a.k.a. jog at an embarrassingly slow pace). I managed to jog the first 2 miles and walk the rest. I'm sure I won't be able to walk later, but it felt good. My hips have never been great and after getting stretched out from the babies they are not quite the same. If I cut more aggressively at soccer or run distances on the pavement my hip tends to go out a bit and hurt a lot. So we'll see how I do tomorrow.

The 5K took me around 40 minutes, like I said embarrassingly slow, but there is always next week. I might just have to dig out my fancy heart monitor watch again and time myself a bit better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

35 Weeks

Yarrrr

The Floor