Sleeping Babies
For a few weeks now Leah has been sleeping 6 to 7 hour stretches at night. Just recently the boys have started sleeping longer stretches with her more consistently. It's so amazing having them all sleep from their last feeding at night (around 8) 'till around 2am. Their more consistent sleeping pattern has made weekends easier. Eric used to stay up all night with them and get me up around 4 or 5 to take over and he'd go to sleep. The last couple weekends we've all been going to bed around the same time. I take the first feeding around 2am and Eric takes the second around 6am. A big part of the schedule change is due to Logan. He used to spit up quite a bit after each feeding and we'd have to watch him closer. Now, he's doing great (better).
Last Saturday, I was actually able to get up around 7:30 (while everyone else was sleeping) to weeded the front yard and trimmed the bushes. The yard was really looking like we had triplets. Eric was great and took care of them till the early afternoon. This allowed me to build a retaining wall around one of the front islands. I'm short 3 bricks, but it looks so much better.
The babies sleeping longer will also allow us to cut back on our overnight help. Right now we have a babysitter (the best sitter ever) that comes Sunday through Thursday nights to take care of the babies so we can get sleep for work during the week. So in 2 weeks she will be down to 3 nights a week. Yes - we are still spoiled, but I'm a much nicer person when I've had sleep.
Logan, Leah, and Ethan all snug in bed.
I think Leah is guarding her space with 2 fists ready for the boys.
Comments