New Seats
The babies have graduated from their infant carriers to backwards facing booster seats. Great timing, it's cold out now and I feel bad having to drag them outside. It was nice when we could bundle them all up in their seats in the house and just plunk them into the car.
I like the seats we purchased. After a bit of looking around we went with the Radian 80 seats, gray for the boys and pink flowers for Leah. They work backward facing up to 40 lbs and forward facing up to 80 lbs. I'm not sure where a 40 lb kid's legs are supposed to go backward facing, but we'll see. They are narrower than most seats (they don't have armrests or cup holders) and fit three across. Lucky Eric is still able to fit the 3 babies in the back of the sable. He's been shopping for a new car (Mustang) for several years now but the Sable still runs great and has 94K miles on it (and it's paid off).
So far there haven't been any complaints about the new seats and they fall asleep just as well on the way home from Grandma's as they ever did. The only problem is when we get home. They used to enjoy a late afternoon snooze for 10-20 minutes in the seats after I brought them into the house and I enjoyed the time to get changed and get their dinner ready.
Here are pictures from their first and (just about) last time using the seats. They definitely take up more room in the seats now than they did at first.
I like the seats we purchased. After a bit of looking around we went with the Radian 80 seats, gray for the boys and pink flowers for Leah. They work backward facing up to 40 lbs and forward facing up to 80 lbs. I'm not sure where a 40 lb kid's legs are supposed to go backward facing, but we'll see. They are narrower than most seats (they don't have armrests or cup holders) and fit three across. Lucky Eric is still able to fit the 3 babies in the back of the sable. He's been shopping for a new car (Mustang) for several years now but the Sable still runs great and has 94K miles on it (and it's paid off).
So far there haven't been any complaints about the new seats and they fall asleep just as well on the way home from Grandma's as they ever did. The only problem is when we get home. They used to enjoy a late afternoon snooze for 10-20 minutes in the seats after I brought them into the house and I enjoyed the time to get changed and get their dinner ready.
Here are pictures from their first and (just about) last time using the seats. They definitely take up more room in the seats now than they did at first.

Leah 10 months old
Logan 10 months old
Comments
I've heard good things about Radians. They're supposed to be great long-term seats. When toddlers are facing backward, they just bend their knees up or sit cross-legged.