Floor Vents
We've now added one more thing to the list of things we never thought we'd have to do...
We had to secure the floor vent covers to the floor. We only lost a few balls and some blocks...but when the sippy cup went down the kitchen vent I knew something needed to be done.

For a few days we tried to cover the vents with furniture, toy boxes, rugs...anything. They started flipping over the toy box, getting to the vent and climbing on the box.
I considered screwing the vents into the floor, but didn't want to put holes into the wood floor in the kitchen. So, I tried double sided mounting tape on the kitchen vent. It worked great. They weren't able to pull up the vent at all. Since the tape worked so well I tried it on the carpet. That worked too. I have a new appreciation for double sided mounting tape.

Comments